Thursday, January 7, 2010

My First Sales!

So, I have officially made my first four sales off Etsy! They are all custom, and my George pillows are turning out to be quite a popular little item. Hmmmm, more kids stuff, maybe? Thanks George! I also got a sale off Alchemy, which is a section of the Etsy community where people request items they would like made or found and you can submit bids for their business. I feel pretty good about the fact that my bid was accepted, and even better about the pillows I have made for her. Now I need to get down to this business of marketing myself. I started a Facebook page for Designs by Derilyn, and I will be posting my new items there, and I am tempted to start a Twitter account, but I'm not there yet. I am still too annoyed by Twitter itself, but I may have to take the plunge anyway. I just learned about this site called StubledUpon, where you put in your likes and dislikes and it picks interesting pages off the internet for you, and you can connect with people that way too. I haven't had much of a chance to check it out, but I am told it can be a great resource if used properly. I am finding that is the key to all this marketing magic. There are so many tools out there for getting your name out, but you have to be able to use them in the right way in order to be successful. Hopefully I can get more educated on this soon, because right now it all just feels like a big crapshoot. More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment